Wednesday, July 1, 2009

DIY Planetarium Update

Hello again, it has been several months since my first posting and I am updating the blog with photos of my dome inflated. My name is Adam Goss and I am working on developing portable, inexpensive high quality planetariums for the every day astronomer, guru or techie alike. The photos below are from a week long summer camp I worked at called Camp Invention. There were 60 kids/day coming through my dome, aging kindergarten through 6th grade. I showed them IMAX movies from the Amazon, Ocean, Volcanoes and even some fun roller coaster rides. The kids had a blast. I also gave the usual star show complete with the Mirrordome/Stellarium combination.


Side of dome, tilted at a 23 degree angle rendering Earth


Front of Dome rendering Earth in Celestia

Inside the dome - flying through galaxies.
More photos and information from June 28th 4-H Summer Outreach Program coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment